Ocean Solar Ltd
Phone: 01722 711288
Ocean - Frequently Asked Questions
We are currently compiling a list of frequently asked questions from our customers, and we are aiming to split them into different technology groups.
If you would like to see a particular question answered here, please EMAIL US (click HERE) to ask the question.
Solar Photo Voltaic Systems - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Solar Photo Voltaic System?
- A solar photo voltaic system converts sunlight directly into electricity, with no moving parts, no emissions and no noise.
- Does a Photo Voltaic system require BRIGHT sunlight all of the time?
- A PV system will generate more electricity the more direct sunlight it gets, however sunlight is the most abundant natural energy source on the planet, and even on overcast days a PV system will still be generating electricity.
- Is a Photo Voltaic system suitable for use in the UK?
- Yes. Sunlight has been used to generate electricity for years in the UK. The exact amount that can be generated varies depending on the size of the system and the location, so it is best to speak to one of our team for a more detailed analysis of exactly what you might expect from a particular installation.
Ground Source Heat Pump Systems - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Ground Source Heat Pump System?
- A Ground Source Heat Pump System is used to heat buildings, both domestic and commercial by pumping heat directly from the ground. The only energy it uses is the electricity to drive the pump.
- Does a Ground Source Heat Pump system require hot rocks or springs under the ground?
- No, a fridge works by pumping heat from a cold chamber into a warmer room. The same process is required to take heat from the ground and channel it into a building.
- Is a Ground Source Heat Pump System suitable for use in the UK?
- Yes. A Ground Source Heat Pump could be installed almost anywhere in the UK, and would typically produce 3 or 4 times the energy (in heat) that it used in electricity to pump it from the ground.
Solar Water Heatings Systems - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Solar Water Heating System?
- A Solar Water Heating System uses sunlight to heat water for your home.
- Can I use a Solar Water Heating System in place of my current boiler?
- No, Solar water heating works in conjunction with your existing boiler (in most cases). The boiler may be needed as a backup in winter months.